CUSD's Discipline Action Guide & School Discipline Plan
Silver Strand Elementary School
CUSD Discipline Action Guide and Plan
Silver Strand's School Discipline Plan
At Silver Strand Elementary, we believe that:
- All children are inherently good. All behaviors are learned from the responses children receive in their environment.
- There is a strong partnership between the school and parents. Frequent communication is essential.
- All students have the ability to behave appropriately and start with a “clean slate” each day.
- The misbehavior of one student will not be allowed to interfere with the learning opportunities of other students.
- The misbehavior of a student will not excuse him/her from completing the learning objectives.
- Every discipline situation is an opportunity for children to learn responsibility and develop a plan for correcting what went wrong.
- Expected behaviors must be defined, communicated, taught, and modeled throughout the year.
Purpose of the School-Wide Discipline Plan:
To encourage positive behavior and discourage negative behavior. Key elements:
- Keep students and staff safe
- Teach students to exercise self-control and to develop appropriate social skills
- Reinforce responsibility for actions
- Maintain focus on learning and teaching
- Model and encourage good choices
- Provide consistent and equitable standards
- Utilize natural and logical consequences
- Require an atmosphere conducive to learning in all school areas
- To spend more time on prevention, and less on intervention
Silver Strand Registration Information ›
CUSD Registration Documents for 2017-18 ›
CUSD Student Calendar for 2017-18 ›
After School Sibling Care at Silver Strand ›
Attendance Policy ›
Bus Transportation Information ›
CUSD Account Logins & Communication ›
CUSD's Discipline Action Guide & School Discipline Plan ›
District Assistance for Military Families ›
Health Office ›
Lunch Menus ›
Make a Lunch Payment ›
Silver Strand PTO ›
Silver Strand School Song ›
Special Education ›
Title I Information ›
Volunteer Information ›
Community Partners ›
- Silver Strand Registration Information ›
Student & Parent Resources
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account