Silver Strand's Book Character Pumpkin Decorating ContestPosted by: SSES Registrar 2 years, 8 months ago
Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest!
The Silver Strand Library is once again sponsoring a pumpkin decorating contest for all preschool - 5th graders that would like to participate! Contest rules are as follows:
1. The theme for the pumpkin contest is, “My Favorite Book Character.” You may pick any character from any BOOK you have read or heard. No TV or cartoon characters please
2. Pumpkins can be real or plastic and are to be painted or colored with markers, NOT carved unfortunately, (absolutely no carved pumpkins will be accepted – unfortunately, carved pumpkins rot, attract bugs, and smell) Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors tend to run. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, cloth, wigs, old clothes, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin; paste or glue may also be used. If you bring in a real pumpkin, please have a “base” underneath (cardboard, tinfoil, etc.)
3. There may be only one entry per student, with this info clearly identified on a 3” x 5” card:
- Name of the book character, book, and author of the book (front of card)
- Student’s name, grade, and teacher (back of card – very important!)
4. All entries are due on Friday, October 13, 2017. Pumpkins should be brought to the library first thing in the a.m. so they can be displayed (staff members will assist). *No early or late entries will be accepted*
5. There will be a first, second, and third place winner in grades preschool-2 and 3-5. Winners will be recognized at flagpole on Oct. 27th. All participants will get a participation certificate.
6. Pumpkins will be displayed in the library during the weeks of October 16 – October 27th. All pumpkins must be taken home FRIDAY, OCT. 27th. Any remaining pumpkins will be thrown away.
7. Participation is totally voluntary; the project can be done independently by the student or as a family project. Students choosing to participate must provide their own pumpkin and decorating materials.
*Please contact Ms. Pierro for any questions: firstname.lastname@example.orgShare on Twitter Share on Facebook