Silver Strand Library's Book Character Pumpkin Decorating ContestPosted by: SSES Registrar 4 years, 8 months ago
The Silver Strand Library is sponsoring a pumpkin decorating contest for any student in grades TK-5 that would like to participate.
Contest Rules and Information:
- The theme for the pumpkin contest is, “My Favorite Book Character.” You may pick any character from any BOOK you have read or heard. No TV or cartoon characters please.
- Pumpkins are to be painted or colored with markers. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors tend to run. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, cloth, wigs, old clothes, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin; paste or glue may also be used.
- Pumpkins may NOT be carved. Absolutely no carved pumpkins will be accepted. Carved pumpkins will rot, attract insects, and smell L.
- There may be only one entry per student. The following information needs to be clearly identified on a 3”x5” index card:
Front of the card: Name of the book character, book title, author’s name
Back of the card: Student’s name, grade, and teacher
- All entries are due on Tuesday, October 13th. Pumpkins must be delivered to the library before school, between 8:00-8:15am. No early or late entries will be accepted. Staff members will be available to assist students.
- There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner in grades TK-2 and grades 3-5. Winners will be announced on October 30th. All entries will receive a participation ribbon.
- Pumpkins will be displayed in the library from October 13-30.
- All pumpkins must be taken home the afternoon of Friday, October 30th. Any remaining pumpkins will be thrown away.
- Participation is voluntary; the project can be done independently by the student or as a family project. Students choosing to participate must provide their own pumpkin and decorating materials.