Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest at Silver StrandPosted by: SSES Registrar 3 years, 8 months ago
The Silver Strand Library is sponsoring a pumpkin decorating contest for all PreK - 5th graders that would like to participate. Contest rules are as follows:
1. The theme for the pumpkin contest is, “My Favorite Book Character.” You may pick any character from any BOOK you have read or heard. No TV or cartoon characters please J
2. Pumpkins can be real or plastic and are to be painted or colored with markers, NOT carved (absolutely no carved pumpkins will be accepted - carved pumpkins unfortunately rot, attract bugs, and smell L) Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors tend to run. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, cloth, wigs, old clothes, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin; paste or glue may also be used. If you bring in a real pumpkin, please have a “base” underneath (cardboard, tinfoil, etc.)
3. There may be only one entry per student, with this info clearly identified on a 3” x 5” index card:
- Name of the book character, book, and author of the book (front of card)
- Student’s name, grade, and teacher (back of card – very important!)
4. All entries are due on Tuesday, October 11, 2016. Pumpkins should be brought to the library first thing in the a.m. so they can be displayed (staff members will assist). *No early or late entries will be accepted*
5. There will be a first, second, and third place winner in grades PreK-2 and 3-5. Winners will be recognized at flagpole on Oct. 28th. All participants will get a participation certificate.
6. Pumpkins will be displayed in the library during the weeks of October 11 – October 28th. All pumpkins must be taken home the afternoon of FRIDAY, OCT. 28th. Any remaining pumpkins will be thrown away.
7. Participation is totally voluntary; the project can be done independently by the student or as a family project. Students choosing to participate must provide their own pumpkin and decorating materials.Share on Twitter Share on Facebook