- Students & Parents
- Silver Strand Registration Information for 2022-23
- CUSD Account Logins and Communication
- CUSD Discipline Action Guide and School Discipline Plan
- Silver Strand Schedule 2021-22
- CUSD Student Calendar for 2021-22
- CUSD Student Schedule for 2021-22
- CUSD Grading Period Calendar 2021-22
- Elementary Attendance Policy
- Activities and Clubs
- Military Programs at Silver Strand
- District Assistance for Military Families
- Bus Transportation Information
- Community Partners
- Health Office
- Silver Strand PTO
- Silver Strand School Song
- Special Education
- Title I Information
- Volunteer Information
CUSD Discipline Action Guide and School Discipline Plan
Silver Strand Elementary School
CUSD Discipline Action Guide and Plan
Silver Strand's School Discipline Plan
At Silver Strand Elementary, we believe that:
- All children are inherently good. All behaviors are learned from the responses children receive in their environment.
- There is a strong partnership between the school and parents. Frequent communication is essential.
- All students have the ability to behave appropriately and start with a “clean slate” each day.
- The misbehavior of one student will not be allowed to interfere with the learning opportunities of other students.
- The misbehavior of a student will not excuse him/her from completing the learning objectives.
- Every discipline situation is an opportunity for children to learn responsibility and develop a plan for correcting what went wrong.
- Expected behaviors must be defined, communicated, taught, and modeled throughout the year.
Purpose of the School-Wide Discipline Plan:
To encourage positive behavior and discourage negative behavior. Key elements:
- Keep students and staff safe
- Teach students to exercise self-control and to develop appropriate social skills
- Reinforce responsibility for actions
- Maintain focus on learning and teaching
- Model and encourage good choices
- Provide consistent and equitable standards
- Utilize natural and logical consequences
- Require an atmosphere conducive to learning in all school areas
- To spend more time on prevention, and less on intervention