School Discipline Plan
At Silver Strand Elementary, we believe that:
- All children are inherently good. All behaviors are learned from the responses children receive in their environment.
- There is a strong partnership between the school and parents. Frequent communication is essential.
- All students have the ability to behave appropriately and start with a “clean slate” each day.
- The misbehavior of one student will not be allowed to interfere with the learning opportunities of other students.
- The misbehavior of a student will not excuse him/her from completing the learning objectives.
- Every discipline situation is an opportunity for children to learn responsibility and develop a plan for correcting what went wrong.
- Expected behaviors must be defined, communicated, taught, and modeled throughout the year.
Purpose of the School-Wide Discipline Plan:
To encourage positive behavior and discourage negative behavior. Key elements:
- Keep students and staff safe
- Teach students to exercise self-control and to develop appropriate social skills
- Reinforce responsibility for actions
- Maintain focus on learning and teaching
- Model and encourage good choices
- Provide consistent and equitable standards
- Utilize natural and logical consequences
- Require an atmosphere conducive to learning in all school areas
- To spend more time on prevention, and less on intervention
Student and Internet Safety
Title I Information
Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act provides financial assistance to schools to meet the needs of at-risk children.
The goal of Title I is to provide instructional services and activities which support students in meeting the state’s challenging performance standards.